Program Admission and Getting Started
- What are the admission requirements for this program?
- Do I need to complete a FAFSA application?
- What is the length of this program? How long will it take to complete this program?
- Who is eligible for this program?
- When does the next cohort start? Is there an application deadline date?
- Is there an orientation for new students?
- How do I get registered?
- I have applied online. What do I do now?
- Why should I get my BSN?
- Can nurses with a nursing license outside of Ohio be accepted by this program?
- Are pre-requisite courses required for this program?
- Are there pre-assignments as part of this program?
- What type of technology would help me succeed in the program?
- What is the program format?
- Can I transfer in any previously completed college credits?
- Can I earn graduate credit for any of the courses that I take as part of this program?
- Is the program different from the face-to-face option?
- Is financial aid available for this program?
- What is the cost of the program?
- How will I be billed?
- Is there a payment plan available?
To review requirements, go to the Online RN-BSN program page.
Yes, if you would like to apply for federal student loans or grant programs.
The program can be finished in 30 months with a total of 51 semester credit hours. Those who hold a bachelor's degree in another area can complete in as few as 30 credits.
Anyone with an active RN license. One year of professional nursing practice is recommended, but not required. For details on eligibility, see the program requirements.
Cohorts begin January and August of each year. Deadlines are usually set for two weeks before the first day of the semester. The important dates for the next two cohorts are:
|Program Start Date||Admission Deadline|
|August 2014||August 2014|
|January 2015||January 2015|
Yes. It is available online through the myMount account set up for new students.
Our Academic Advising Resource Center will register you into the courses each semester, once you have been accepted into the program.
Request that your official college transcripts be sent to the Office of Admission ATTN: Online Programs 5701 Delhi Rd. Cincinnati, OH 45233. Refer to the Transcript Request page for help requesting official transcripts.
In addition, your resume and a copy of your RN license (does not have to be Ohio) can be e-mailed to the Admission Counselor for Online Programs. Jack.Ballman@msj.edu.
Professional nurses who complete the RN to BSN program expand their career options and grow personally and professionally - improving communication skills and increasing self-confidence while becoming strong patient advocates and evidence-based practitioners. Many hospitals and businesses are requiring that employees or prospective employees get their BSN.
Yes. Your license does not have to be an Ohio RN license.
While there are not pre-requisite courses required to apply to the Online RN to BSN program, students must have their active RN license; one year of professional experience as an RN is recommended, but not required.
You will need access to a computer, high-speed internet, and Skype for communication with faculty.
This 30-month program consists of 51 semester hour credits, which are a mix of nursing courses and liberal arts & sciences courses. Two courses are taken per semester, each one at a time in 8-week sessions.
Yes. We accept transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions. The Mount can accept up to 90 semester hours of transfer credits. There is no expiration date on credits that can be transferred. To transfer, credits must have been college-level and completed with a grade of "C" or better.
NUR 415 & NUR 417 can be taken at the graduate level if students have senior status (90 earned credits or more) and a 3.25 GPA. These courses will satisfy requirements in the MSN program if a grade of "B" or higher is earned and students are enrolled in the MSN program within 5 years.
There will be an accelerated RN to BSN Online program starting in January 2014 for students who already hold bachelor's degrees in other areas. This program will be five semesters.
No. The Online RN to BSN model is the same great quality and coursework, just offered in a more flexible and convenient format.
Yes. Students must register for six credit hours each semester to be eligible for student loan programs. For more information about financial aid, contact the Student Administrative Services Office at 513-244-4418.
Based on the 2013-2014 rates, tuition is $500 per credit hour. Rates are subject to change each new academic calendar year.
Students will receive billing statements by mail.
The Mount offers students several options for payment, including a payment plan and tuition deferment plan. For more information visit the financial aid web pages.